Monday, February 11, 2019

What to pack in Hospital bag




Once I reached in the third trimester of pregnancy, and my due date was starting to closed , I  started wondering what should pack in my hospital bag.

Actually, I wanted to be prepared, wanted to be comfortable in my hospital stay. Also, I was more panic because our family was in India, and we were alone in USA. Unfortunately, no one from family was available to be with us at the time of delivery.  So I wanted to be well prepared. I never wanted my husband should run around home and hospital to grab things. I hunt the internet for advice and asked many of my friends that, what I should pack.

But, according to my experience, I think, you doesn’t need to take a stress about it. The hospital will provide a lot of the essentiality's you’ll need during labor and after birth. Honestly, I think, I packed so many unnecessary things in my hospital bag on being prepared. It was little crazy.

What to pack for hospital bag

Our hospital was more than equipped to handle everything I may have needed, especially all of the essentials. Usually hospital provides pain medication, hygiene supplies for after birth, and most everything your baby will need (diapers, wipes, shampoo, bulb syringe, etc.) However, I recommend bringing some of your own toiletries. Here is my checklist for hospital bag

Toiletries

Favorite shampoos, body washes, and face wash
Hair bands, hair ties, clips
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Deodorant
Makeup
Tissues
Travel mirror

Other items

Photo ID & Insurance card
Cash and spare change
Camera
Baby book
Laptop
Charger

Clothes

I remember I pack two outfits per day for the baby. Which I think I overpacked. Because the hospital will provide you with baby clothes and swaddle blankets during your stay. They are more comfortable during your hospital stay. But if you want you can bring your own.

Going home outfit for mom (something that fit you at the second trimester )
Baby going home outfit
Blanket for baby when going home
Slippers

Tips
 
Pack at the start of month 8
 You never know if you are going to go into labor early so, it’s better to pack up early.  I recommend just having the bag in your car because you might not be at home when labor begins. Also, It is easy then try and remember everything at the last second.

Make a list before
write a quick list of things you don’t want to forget Like, phone. I put this on top of my bag, and it helped me to remember some of those essential items I hadn’t packed.

Snacks: 
While meals will be provided by the hospital and vending machines are usually available, it’s wise to also bring a couple of your favorite snacks. Also its helpful just in case if the kitchen is closed.

Husband Bag: 
 Pack some extra clothes, Toothbrush and toothpaste, some entertainment, and their wallet.

Car seat: 
You can’t leave the hospital without having a car seat to bring the baby home in. So, be smart, and get one ahead of time. Have it properly installed and bring it with you to the hospital. If it’s cold when your baby is born, I highly recommend the Cozy Cover. It’s safe for car seats, and it will keep your baby warm.

What NOT to Pack in Your Hospital Bag

Clothes for the hospital stay
I found that wearing hospital gowns was the most practical option while in the hospital.

Diapers and Wipes
 The hospital provides nice diapers and wipes and will even give you some to take home. They have all sizes so no matter how big your baby is you’ll be covered.

Pacifiers:
The hospital provides these as well. If you are planning to breastfeed then big no for pacifiers in initiation days.

This is all about my hospital bag checklist. Let me know what all you packed in your hospital bag. Did I miss out something? Comment below.



No comments:

Post a Comment