Monday, January 28, 2019

Pregnancy Diary: Second trimester





                   Welcome to the most wonderful time of pregnancy! If you haven’t checked first pregnancy trimester yet, don’t forget to check it out. I had heard, in the first trimester that energy level would return in the second trimester and that nausea and morning sickness would subside. So yes! The second trimester is the cakewalk for me compared to first and third trimester.

                   The risk of miscarriage drops to 10 percent (or less) in the second trimester. I was still nervous and decided not to tell people about the pregnancy until I complete 4 or 5 months.  But, sometime during this trimester, people will actually be able to see that you are pregnant.

                   My second trimester was filled with a lot of the fun planning things! We chose to announce a pregnancy. Also, I felt better during this trimester so plan and host gender reveal party at the end of this trimester. I know in India, it is illegal to know the gender of the baby. 


Playtex Diaper Genie Diaper Pail System Refills, 3 pack

                   Since we are in the USA, here we can get a chance to know the gender of the baby at week 20 scan. And we took it because, Throughout my pregnancy, I planned to celebrate it all possible fun ways. So yes! We celebrated gender reveal party then baby shower. It was full of fun and thrilled trimester.  In my upcoming post, I will share my gender reveal party and baby shower party too.


My second-trimester Pregnancy symptoms:

Morning sickness:
                       nausea and fatigue characteristic of the first trimester begin to fade for me as I move into my second trimester. I was completely done with it by week 18 or 19.

More energy:
                   The second trimester thankfully bought a burst of energy for me. I was started feeling more energetic. And yes apparently it happened overnight too. It was a blissful time. I started doing my daily routine activities.


Huggies Natural Care Unscented Baby Wipes, Sensitive, 6 Refill Packs (1008 Wipes)

Mood swings:
                     Most of the moodiness disappeared by the second trimester. I read in one of the books that, You may have more energy and fewer mood swings as your hormones balance out.

Back Aches:
                     Backaches was like on and off the middle of the day. But, whenever it appears, it was terrible to move. I feel better when I switch from couch to chair. You can have chiropractor care for your back aches during pregnancy which I came to know after delivery.

Dizziness: 
                I  noticed it whenever I stand up too quickly. I discussed it which my doctor in regular visits and he told me, it’s because growing uterus puts pressure on blood vessels. So don’t get up too quickly and never lie on your back.

Itchiness:
                   As my stomach grew, It became ridiculously itchy. Moisture your skin frequently. Itchiness mostly happens at the end of the second trimester.

Hair growth:
                     My hair started growing feast during the second trimester. because Pregnancy hormones can boost hair growth. It becomes noticeably thicker!

Headaches:
                     It is one of the most common pregnancy complaints. Try to get plenty of rest. Also doing deep breathing helps a lot.

Weight gain:
                    After the end of morning sickness and nausea my appetite returned. I didn’t notice any food craving but Still, I noticed some weight gain and growth.

Baby moments:
                       Your baby’s first movements may feel like bubbles popping. As I said every time, everyone’s pregnancy is different. I notice baby’s first moment at week 19. If this is your first pregnancy, it may take you a little time to realize that those fluttering feelings are your baby’s movements. In second pregnancy women noticed those moments as early as week 13.

Sleep issue:
                  I used to get more sleep during my first trimester compared to second and third trimester. In the second trimester, I notice a big drop in my quality sleep. Because of that, sometimes I feel exhausted all day.

Shortness of breath:
                  Sometimes I feel it in this phase. My Doctor always said to me, As your baby grows it begins to exert pressure on your organs, including your lungs. It is common for women in their second trimester to experience shortness of breath or an increased feeling of internal pressure. The doctor also recommends me to sleep on my left side.


Pampers Diapers Size Newborn 4.5 kg, Swaddlers Disposable Baby Diapers, 84 Count, Super Pack

Exercising in the Second Trimester

                  The most important thing about exercise during pregnancy is to listen to your body and only do what you’re comfortable with. In the second trimester, I feel better, less nauseous so I started doing yoga. I was gentle with myself and I listened to my inner voice. Because of low risk of miscarriage, you can exercise a minimum of 30 minutes. Exercise strengthen you for the physical task of labor. If I missed yoga someday, I always go for walk.
                 
           So this is all about my second trimester. Enjoy your second trimester, as I said earlier, this is easiest of all three trimester.



No comments:

Post a Comment