Sunday, February 24, 2019

First Three Months Of Motherhood





For many women’s like me motherhood is an overwhelming experience with ecstatic joy. The first three months of baby’s life are likely to be most emotionally and physically demanding three months of yours.

Like everyone knows Parenting doesn’t come with an instruction manual. It comes naturally to you! I want to share my overall experience with new motherhood during those early months. So that soon to be mom can get a sneak peek of what is coming there way.

 Those initial days was full of emotions for me. When I came home from hospital l was looking at my baby and just crying and crying for four, five days. I was terribly missing my mom who was back in India. I have seen how she took care of my both sisters during their pregnancy and postpartum days. That time I know that one can never compare mothers love with anything and anyone.

But like every time I mentioned, I was lucky to have an extremely supportive husband and my friends. Still, being a first-time mom is hard. Seriously, you have no idea what you are doing. For me, it was a daily learning experience about baby’s lifestyle.

First three months of the newborn baby is called as RED ZONE.

Sleep: Most new parents major concern about a newborn is sleep. Under the general happiness, there’s exhaustion in every house with a newborn in it. Most likely for the first few weeks, you will be awake every two hours or so. Even if you have no other responsibilities and plenty of helping hands, the lack of a good solid stretch of sleep can be devastating. It will affect your mood, your stamina, your emotions, and your ability to focus. There is no other option, you have to learn sleep in a break. If you have a spouse, remember that you're in this together. Try sleeping in shifts, and have your partner take over some of the nighttime. Your partner can help by bringing the baby for feeding, changing a baby’s diaper, and rocking him to sleep afterward.

Feeding: Every time when the baby cry, it means, it’s a time to feed the baby again.  In initial months you have to follow that 2,3 hours feeding cycle. Sometimes Bedroom felt no less than prison, where I wait for the baby to get hungry. I was so mean sometimes I wonder — what would men do? How would they react to spending two months trapped in a small room alone with a baby? I get angry every time when I see my husband in exercise clothes, I was like,  why should he go for a run every day when I’m stuck here? Add exhaustion and every disagreement turns into a fight. I just wanted him to sit by me and make me feel less alone.

Our relationship changed: Every night, when the baby finally goes to sleep, my husband and I lie in bed and look at the pictures we’ve taken of the baby today. We whisper stories about what he did today. We fell in love with this little creature.

Accept all offers of help: If you can afford to hire a maid service, do it. If not then, When people offering to help, say yes to all. No need to be a hero, no need to be exhausted. If you have neither then just let it be because Your baby does not care if your furniture has been dusted or if your carpet is linty. You need to take rest to recover.

Emotional Changes: A number of emotional problems can arise when you had a baby. But, loving support of one another is a key. Be there for one another, comfort one another when you need it. When you talk about your emotional problem, your feelings are out to be dealt with. So be understanding and compassionate with yourself and each other. Then move on to resolving these issues together.

Everything is temporary: Just remember, this time will pass. And then life moves on. Everything becomes manageable. My relationship moves slowly toward normal. Everyone starts sleeping and eating a little more predictably. Baby starts stretching night sleeps about 5 to 7 hours after 5 to 6 weeks.

The first three months of your baby's life are an amazing, truly magical time, and they grow up by tremendous speed. And, It is truly amazing to see (and feel) a human grow. I almost can’t put it into words. When I looked back today, I felt like I have never known before the strength I have. My husband and I handled everything pretty well!






No comments:

Post a Comment