Monday, May 27, 2019

Tip For Planning Your Kid's 2nd Birthday Party


Although many will say the “twos are terrible,” this age can actually be a ton of fun! The birthday parties can be great fun as well!

I’ve never seen a child be more obsessed with one item more than my son is with cars. If it has 4 wheels, Parth will immediately become obsessed! So obviously, we had to throw a Cars themed birthday party for our Parth. Let me tell you, he had the best time .




Since a kids’ party is likely filled with lots of grownup friends and family members too, you want to cater to both the kiddos and the adults in attendance. It’s all about striking the balance between stylish party and kid-friendly festivity. Check out my tips and some of the details from Parth’s birthday party below.

The Invitations: Sending party invitations via email is usually my go-to these days. My husband Pundlik and I choose car theme invitation and send it to the guests. But, if you want, you may choose to send out paper invitations to your guests. If you’re not as crafty, there are so many other cute kids’ party invitations on sites like Minted or ETSY.

The venue: Instead of hosting a celebration outside, we choose to celebrate it in our home. Also, we realized that by doing this it was more cost effective than renting a hall, an entertainer, or having a big party with tonnes of people. We liked the intimate size, and although we would have loved to do it at home.

Party planning:

Timings: We started the party at 11 am and were finished just after noon. The perfect amount of time for a child’s party, and just before nap time.

Most toddlers are still taking an afternoon nap, so take this into account when party planning. For example, my son usually naps from around 1-3pm, so the best timing for us to have a party was either in the morning at 11am or in the afternoon at 4 pm. I personally don’t like kids evening or night birthday Parties. I saw it in most of the parties that kids get exhausted, cranky at the time of cake cutting. I mean it’s their day, the celebration is all about them and it’s not good to exhaust them for the sake of our enjoyment. Anyway, it’s everyone’s personal choice.

Decorations: Although a theme isn’t necessary for a toddler party, it might make things more fun and easier to plan if you have a vision in mind. If your child has a favorite animal, toy, or character, you can choose a theme around that and plan food, decor, and maybe even some activities around it. We did a car theme for my son’s second birthday.

When you think kids’ party, cheesy store-bought decor might be the first thing that comes to mind.  But if you are good at crafting then you definitely try some DIY ideas. The joy of doing everything yourself is just awesome.

We did all the decoration at home. Balloon garland, Name train, photo frame everything. You will get some ideas from these pictures.











Eats and Treats: For me, the food is the main focal point of the party. I absolutely love planning a party menu. It always gets a little tricky when you are feeding a crowd.










When I got married, I started cooking and baking a lot more. I prepared an Indian lunch for guest. It includes Chapati, kadai paneer, Veg Kurma, Veg Pulav, Dal fry and Plain Rice for kids. And I loved that everyone enjoyed it.

But as everyone knows, the very best part of a birthday party is the cake!  After becoming mom, I started the tradition of baking an cake on my son’s birthday.








Who knew that I would one day make my son feel proud of me by baking a birthday cake. He was so happy after seeing his favorite cars on the cake. His smile and giggles made my day.

 Here is a cake that I made for Parth’s birthday. If you need any tips for cake decoration, do let me know.

Photos: Even if you are opting to celebrate with immediate family only instead of throwing an all-out bash, I would highly recommend planning a little photo shoot with everyone . Having beautiful photos to commemorate the milestone that is your little one’s birthday will be the best gift you all will get.

 Based on the enjoyment on my son’s face, I’d say it was a successful party. I received many compliments from guests about the decorations, as well as, food and cake.  After all the hard work Pundlik & I put in, it was all worth.

Do you have any tips for throwing an epic kids party of your own?

Please share them with me below! I’m already starting to plan Parth’s 3rd birthday in my head. :)



1 comment:

  1. Superb.. I am sure one day Parth will be proud of you. Thanks for this blog..

    ReplyDelete